Is irregular periods with albium level of 53 and low calcium markers for cancer?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I have a problems with irregular periods and albium @ 53 and low calcium @2.09. could this be a marker for cancer? I was treated for sepsis 3 weeks ago. my irregular periods since last October age 31.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ARENT TUMOR MARKERS

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear !
Thanks for taking place to HCM.

Dont worry because low calcium can be a tumor marker for colorectal cancer if it is accompanied with high levels of AFP, CEA, carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9) .In your case there are no chance because low calcium and albumin are caused from the infection you have had .
But as I see from your report both two values are in the minimal border.

Irregular periods have no relation with albumin and calcium but can be caused from
stress,
hormonal imbalance,
weight gain or lost gain
PCOS ect

Be calm and dont worry so much

All the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari