Is irregular menstruation a sign of pregnancy?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor I am lactating.my baby is nearing 4 months.my baby got delivered on XXXXXXX 11.I had my periods on july15.again July 26 spotted.Aug 13 also I had periods..after that till date my period breaks.on sep 29 I had a protected sex but failed due to contraceptive damage.after 4 hours I took postpone 72.and I am not experiencing any vaginal discharge.doctor can u tell me my chances of getting pregnant. 
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chances of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about chances of pregnancy.

Considering you have delivered 4 months back, you will have irregular periods and ovulation.

In such a situation your chances of pregnancy are very low to nil. I don't see any chances of pregnancy to be worried about.

Don't take anymore medicines.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Thank u doctor.

Is postpone72 that i consumed cause any harm to my baby?

For getting my periods regular shall i consult a doctor or it becomes regular gradually?if so how long it takes.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No harm to baby

Detailed Answer:

Postpone 72 wont cause harm to baby. Don't worry.

You period will become regular gradually over a year. No need to consult doctor.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 minutes later
thank u very much doctor

I have 2 more queries to ask

1) Is it safe to have sexual intercourse without contraception for my case.

2) I have severe leg pain(left) after 90 days of my delivery.is it necessary to take vitamin tablets after delivery?If yes which vitamin i have to consume and how long i have to consume.

i am fully satisfied with ur advice.thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take iron and calcium

Detailed Answer:

1. Contraception is not always guaranteed. Hence it is better to use contraception.

2. It is necessary to take iron and calcium after delivery as deficiency of iron and calcium leads to such leg pains.

You can always contact me directly to ask questions by pasting following link in your browser:

http://bit.ly/askdrmaheshkoregol