Is intermittent pain below the navel point a cause for concern?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
I have intermittent pain below the belly button. When it comes every few minutes it is agonising. I have taken Co-codamol to no effect. It is very tender when touched but there is nothing to see.

Should I be concerned?
Do I need to see a doctor tonight?

My armpit temperature is 36.3. My heart rate is 93 - 94 bpm. My O2 level is 92 - 95%.
My blood pressure is 144/90 aprox.
The pain is throbbing in nature. There is no difference in sitting, standing or lying down.
Yesterday the pain was to the right of the belly button but is now more central.
I can eat and drink normally.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Be concerned and see a Doctor asap

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Noted all the history as you have mentioned in details and understood your concerns.
The commonest causes I can think of after reading your history are:
Local inflammation in the abdominal wall like a developing abscess or an infected cyst as you have mentioned that you can eat and drink normally.
Can be an obstructed hernia wherein only fat is trapped.
Rare possibility of some inflammatory pathology in abdomen like appendicitis or diverticulitis.

Yes your should be concerned and since there is no definite diagnosis, clinical evaluation, examination by a Doctor can help to have a clinical diagnosis and go for needed investigations for confirmation and plan a proper management in the view of the Medical history and Medications that you are taking.
Please see a Doctor asap.

I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication and please give feedback.

Follow-up: Is intermittent pain below the navel point a cause for concern? 40 minutes later
I will take your advice thanks for your valuable assistance.

Happy new year
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.

Detailed Answer:
Wishing you also a very happy new year.
Take care and please give feedback.