Is intermittent consumption of i-pill harmful to the health?
I am 25 year old girl. In last 2-3 years I have taken 8-10 or more i-pill(birth preventing contraceptive) ,sometime twice in a month also. Is it going to effect my health. Please suggest some solution if there is any risk.
NO HEALTH EFFECTS, BUT ALTERS MENSTRUAL CYCLES.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I pill is not a regular contraceptive.
It is an emergency contraceptive.
It is intended to be used only when regular birth control fails.
Frequent and casual use leads to irregularity in your periods.
As such there is no long term effect on health, but menstrual cycles may be altered and irregular.
You can relax, just do not take I pills any more so frequently.
Please use a regular birth control method.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the reason for bleeding after i pill consumption
- Does consumption of i pill after protected intercourse delay
- Will consumption of i-pill affect future pregnancy
- Should i continue ginette 35 after consumption of i-pill
- Taking i pill once in a month harmful
- Is i pill safe to take
- I pill and demerits of i pill
- Is it harmful to take i pills frequently
- Unprotected sex took i-pills is it harmful
- Does the consumption of i pill affect the body