Is insomnia a side effect of Epilim?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I've been taking Epilim 500mg two tablets in the morning and 500mg one tablet at night
I suffer from insomnia as side effect.
I take sleeping tablets and still don't sleep at night.
Maybe I should only take Epilim in the morning and not at night.
What are the recommended sleeping tablets that work the best with Epilim
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Try to lower the dose first. Clonazepam may be added.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Since insomnia is a serious side effect of epilim in your case, the dose should be reduced.

Using two tablets in the morning may control your condition and may reduce the risk of insomnia.

In the other hand, if this reduction doesn't cover the primary condition correctly ( I guess seizures or bipolar disorder ), clonazepam 2 mg may be used in the evening, or epilim should be substituted.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Thank you for your answer.
I'll try first with only using two tablets in the morning, and see how it affects my sleeping disorder and if seizures are under control.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up question.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Okay, let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.