Is inhalation of paint fumes harmful?
Do not expose again
You were correct you should have used mask for painting. But do not worry, one exposure to spray paint would not cause cancer or would not convert the normal cells to cancer ones. If you have any other problem related to red eyes, reddened skin, breathlessness due to exposure, please let me know.
Only repeated and prolonged exposure of the spray paint (silica and asbestos containing and other solvents) would cause cancer. These toxins when exposed leave the body in 3 days to 7 days depending on the solvent the paint has.
Next time on please use proper gear to paint the shutters. Put charcoal cubes all over the place so that they absorb these toxic fumes.
Hope this is clear.
Years of exposure
no it is not concerning.
though it was repeated it was not for years or even months. just a day is just fine.
so assuming that you do not have skin rash, or red eye or breath issues that means the toxin gas did not affect the outer parts of body, how can it get inside cells transform?
think logically, is it not? cancer transformation takes for years of exposure.
Good health. if you so not have more questions, please close and rate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I accidentally inhaled paint fumes
- Inhalation of paint fumes by infants
- Inhalation of paint fumes
- Inhalation of paint fumes side effects
- Inhalation of paint fumes sinus
- Spray paint fumes inhaled
- Inhalation of paint fumes symptoms
- Inhaling paint fumes and lungs
- First aid for inhalation of paint fumes
- Inhaling boat paint fumes sinusitis
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?