Is infrequent small amount of vomiting normal in infancy?
I won't get overly worried if otherwise he is normal
Thanks for the query
Infrequent small amount of vomiting is normal in first 4-6 months of infancy.This is due to immaturity of lower esophageal sphincter and it improves as the baby grows.
If the vomiting is infrequent,small in amount,not immediate after feed and baby is growing well,passing urine adequately,there is no arching back of the neck and active,playful I won't get overly worried.
Burping the baby to release the swallowed air by keeping him upright for few minutes and gentle patting of the back each time after the feed decreases the vomiting.
So I would suggest you to continue the feeding without any worry.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any more query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is vomitting normal after masturbation
- Pregnant trace amount of blood in vomit
- Vomiting with small brownish spots
- Small brown seeds in vomit
- What is the normal color of vomit
- Normal vomit colors
- Normal color of infant vomit
- Pregnant started vomiting is this normal
- Chills vomiting normal temperature
- Vomitting and small red dots on arms