Is indigestion a symptom of heart attack?
NOT the symptom of heart attack,take symptomatic treatment.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have read your query and understand the concern.
Indigestion is NOT the symptom of heart attack and burning type of pain in upper abdomen is likely related to gastritis or GERD in your case. So no need to worried much.
However,for chest pain and left arm pain,I will suggest you to go for EKG (if not done earlier) for once to rule out any heart condition for a safer side.
Since you have burning abdomen and GERD, I would suggest you to try for some dietary changes first and to take some over the counter symptomatic medications.
1) Take over the counter antacids tablets like Tab.Omeprazole 20 with antacids (digene gel) from the relief of burning pain.
Since you also have a acid reflux (GERD) problem then you should also add prokinetic drug like levosulpiride 75 mg twice daily. It actually increases stomach emptying time along with effect on gasteoesophageal sphincter and thus will give you relief from the reflux symptoms.
Since it is a prescription drug,your GP or some local doctor may prescribe it.
2) Digestive enzymes (like Unienzyme twice daily) available over the counter which will also be helpful in the digestion of carbohydrates and minimize the gas production.
3) Avoid hot,oily and spicy foods.
4) Avoid eating full stomach one at a time, instead take small meals frequently.
5) Avoid taking rest for 2 hours after meal or you can walk slowly up to first 2 hrs of meal but don't walk fast.
6) Take only soft diet for initial few days.
7) Drink plenty of water and fruit juices.
8) For left arm pain,you can take over the counter pain killer (like Aleve 400) with meal and along with antacids.
With above symptomatic treatment and dietary precautions,you will see improvement within 1 or 2 days.
Hope this detailed explanation will be helpful. Let me know if you need more help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mini heart attack symptoms
- Costochondritis and indigestion or heart attack
- Shivering heart attack symptoms
- Anxiety heart attack symptoms
- Symptoms of heart attack toe
- Women's heart attack symptoms
- Indigestion or heart attack
- Symptoms after heart attack
- Symptoms before heart attack
- Early heart attack symptom