Is increasing Cialis dose from 5mg to 10 mg safe?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: i have been using cialis 5mg i want to try 10mg what diference would it make
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please read detail answer bellow

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of Ed and taking Cialis.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you taking it daily or only when required before anticipated sexual activities ?

If you are taking it daily The recommended starting dose of CIALIS for once daily use is 2.5 mg, taken at approximately the same time every day, without regard to timing of sexual activity.

The CIALIS dose for once daily use may be increased to 5 mg, based on individual efficacy and tolerability.

If you are taking it as on demand, the recommended starting dose of CIALIS for use as needed is 10 mg, taken prior to anticipated sexual activity.
The dose may be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg, based on individual efficacy and tolerability. Cialis is to be taken only once in a day.

There is no difference as far as results in getting erection are concerned.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari