Is increased sweating a side effect of Suboxone?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am on 8 mg of Suboxone a day and have found that I feel very hot and sometimes have sweats unless the temp is about 70 degrees. Is this a side effect?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Suboxone may lead to side effects which are quite common like feeling very hot or cold. Increased sweating can also be a side effect , I think You need to contact your treating physician and inform him regarding this.

Suboxone contains buprenorphine and naloxone which is used to treat narcotic (opioid) dependence . Naloxone leads to opioid withdrawl so buprenorphine is a low potency opioid so that it does not occur but still it can result in such symptoms which settle on their own .

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj