Is increased heart rate and cheek pain symptom of heart attack?

Dr. Venkat Sivayogi

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: If heart rythim is fast, servere cheek pains, & sour taste in the mouth...would this be a sign of heart or stroke attack?
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Simple EKG can solve your issue...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Just by increased heart rate and cheek pain, I cant conclude that you were having Heart stroke. If you have a chest pain with radiation to cheeks could be a sign of heart problem.

A simple EKG can solve your problem. It gives fundamental clue about every possibility. So I suggest you to get EKG done from your nearest physician.

regards,
DR.VENKAT M.D
Follow up: Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 12 hours later
I have had a EKG, other than a heart murmur, the results showed a good heart. I don't have any chest pains with these incidences, however just worried it might lead to a stroke or heart attack...I suppose it could be simply anxiety, but you never know. Thankyou...
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Heart murmur could be due to valvular issue..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,
A heart murmur indicates an valular problem of heart and its not a sign of heart attack.
The severity grading of heart murmur could be known by a 2D -ECHO test. And your Gastric issue can be solved by using Omeprazole or Pantaprazole early morning on empty stomach.