Is incomplete RBBB with early repolarization a concern when diagnosed with Brugada syndrome?

Cardiologist
Question
I have one more question about my heart. I get very worried I have brugada syndrome due to the fact that I have an incomplete right bundle branch block with early repolarization I've seen a cardiologist as he says I'm fine but I'm still worried I have it
Fri, 25 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding Brugada Syndrome, I would explain that its characteristic ECG findings include Bight Bundle Branch Block with ST segment elevation in the precordial leads V1-V2.

If you have such an ECG pattern, then some diagnostic features would be helpful to differentiate a true Brugada Syndrome from other causes, mimicking similar ECG pattern.

First in such case a repeated ECG recording by displacing V1-V2 leads one intercostal space above their standard position is recommendable.

Another maneuver is to perform repeated ECG before and after having a meal.

The above mentioned two procedures would help to discriminate the characteristic ECG pattern of Brugada Syndrome.

The most specific and sensitive test is Ajmaline test, which is performed under careful cardiologist supervision, because it may lead to cardiac arrhythmia.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

If you can upload a resting ECG report, I would be able to give a more professional opinion!

I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Is incomplete RBBB with early repolarization a concern when diagnosed with Brugada syndrome? 9 minutes later
I've had people look at my ecg and they say I don't have it but I'm just concerned as there were afew abnormalities that might indicate it

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

I would like to directly review your ECG images, if you can make a photo of it and upload it!

Anyway, the above tests would help totally exclude this disorder, compared to a single resting ECG.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing a very Merry Christmas,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Is incomplete RBBB with early repolarization a concern when diagnosed with Brugada syndrome? 8 minutes later
Thx very much for you're reply. Would an eletrophysiologist looking at my ECG help exclude brugada

Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

As I mentioned above, it depends on the method of ECG or the type of test (Ajmaline test) and not on the specialist who is going to review your test.

A resting ECG can give a limited information on this matter.

I would recommend performing further tests (as above mentioned) in order to come into a more exact conclusion on this possible disorder.

You can perform these tests with a cardiologist or electrophysiologist.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Is incomplete RBBB with early repolarization a concern when diagnosed with Brugada syndrome? 6 minutes later
Thx very much, can you pay for one of those tests privately

Brief Answer:
My answer as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Regarding paying privately for tests, it depends on your medical system!

There are a lot of private clinics or hospital which can perform these tests. They can be done in the public hospital as well, after consulting with a specialist of the field.

Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!

Let me know about everything!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Is incomplete RBBB with early repolarization a concern when diagnosed with Brugada syndrome? 19 minutes later
Thx very much

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Dr. Iliri