Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Is in ending stage of liver disease. Has stopped taking medicine and drinking Ensure. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
I have a friend who is in ending stage of liver disease, he has stopped drinking his Ensure, Boost, and taking his medicines. He doesn't want to leave his home but I think he would get better care in a hospice. Who can I contact for advice? Thank you and best regards.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your local gp/community nurse.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

I think you are right in assuming that a terminally ill person needs much better care than a typical home can provide.

With the availability of the nurses round the clock, your friend can be managed better in a palliative care centre.

Please consult your local general practitioner /community nurse to arrange that.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor