Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
193 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is hysterectomy effective for vaginal bleeding post menopause?

Answered by
Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 1775 Questions

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

My mother is 55 years old. She had her menopause 13 years ago.

She had a angioplasty in February 2014 and is on ecosprin and other medicines for her heart condition.

She also takes Tagretol everyday for a seizure disorder.

After the angioplasty she has started noticing periods. Blood in her vaginal area everyday.

We showed it to a consulting Gynecologist in XXXXXXX and acoording to the doctor her uterine lining has thickened and needs to be cleaned because of hormonal imbalance in the body.
What I am trying to understand here is what are my options in helping my mother.

Is hysterectomy an option and if yes would her medicines for heart condition be a problem in operating?

Are there any minimum invasive surgeries possible?

Who would be a good doctor in XXXXXXX to show her regarding this condition.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
DNC is the first next step she has

Detailed Answer:

It is important to diagnose the problem for post menopausal bleed in any women. For that she needs to undergo Dilatation and curretage procedure. If the pathologist confirms any malignant changes then she can undergo hysterectomy.

Yes minimal invasive hysterectomy is possible in XXXXXXX THere are good number of doctors doing this technique. After getting a clear certificate from Cardiologist any operating surgeon would do this.

Hope this answers.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Thank you Dr Mazumdar.

Could you recommend a good Gynecologist ?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You can go to reputed hospitals

Detailed Answer:

I just a well equipped and well established hospitals in XXXXXXX like Rainbow. I would not like to take any names but you will find the best doctors there.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Seizure disorder

doctor1 MD

my son is 18 and has an iq of 45, he was born without the left hand side of his brain, and has a seizure disorder, what am i likely to expect for...

doctor1 MD

Im a 20 year old female and ive had seizure disorders for the past 9 years and i take a daily medication of keppra (500 mg 2 every morning-2 every...

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir/Madam, My father age is 62yrs.He had seizures attack in July,2009 then again in July,2010 then again in Nov,2010 then at last on 1st May...

doctor1 MD

I went to see a neuro physician and he said I have a seizure disorder because I have periods of wetting the bed while I am sleeping. My testing...

doctor1 MD

Wife has swollen feet up to knees; md prescribed water pills for 2 weeks after visual exam which found nothing unusual. She has night time seizure...

doctor1 MD

hi I had extremely bad panic attacks my blood pressure was always 140 over 89 now it dropped its not gonna lead to a heart attack or a stroke

doctor1 MD

On my discharge papers it says seizure disorder (CMS-hcc) what does that mean?