Is hysterectomy effective for vaginal bleeding post menopause?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

My mother is 55 years old. She had her menopause 13 years ago.

She had a angioplasty in February 2014 and is on ecosprin and other medicines for her heart condition.

She also takes Tagretol everyday for a seizure disorder.

After the angioplasty she has started noticing periods. Blood in her vaginal area everyday.

We showed it to a consulting Gynecologist in XXXXXXX and acoording to the doctor her uterine lining has thickened and needs to be cleaned because of hormonal imbalance in the body.
What I am trying to understand here is what are my options in helping my mother.

Is hysterectomy an option and if yes would her medicines for heart condition be a problem in operating?

Are there any minimum invasive surgeries possible?

Who would be a good doctor in XXXXXXX to show her regarding this condition.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
DNC is the first next step she has

Detailed Answer:

It is important to diagnose the problem for post menopausal bleed in any women. For that she needs to undergo Dilatation and curretage procedure. If the pathologist confirms any malignant changes then she can undergo hysterectomy.

Yes minimal invasive hysterectomy is possible in XXXXXXX THere are good number of doctors doing this technique. After getting a clear certificate from Cardiologist any operating surgeon would do this.

Hope this answers.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Thank you Dr Mazumdar.

Could you recommend a good Gynecologist ?

regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You can go to reputed hospitals

Detailed Answer:

I just a well equipped and well established hospitals in XXXXXXX like Rainbow. I would not like to take any names but you will find the best doctors there.