Is hypoglycemia associated with pancreatic tumors?
May need CA 19-9 and liver functions
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what your brother had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it's good that the swelling was not cancerous but in needle guided biopsy there is a chance to pick normal tissue and miss the tumor part. CA 19-9 and liver functions should be done alongwith direct and indirect billirubin, to look for any signs of pancreatitic tumor as it can compres on the common bile duct to cause obstructive jaundice. Serum amylase and LDH should also be done.
As far as prognosis is concerned usually advanced CA pancreas has poor prognosis however since such extensive work up so far hasn't revealed any signs of tumor spread so likely even if it the case, the chemotherapy may be of help.
Wishing him a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypoglycemia in piglets
- Tumors causing hypoglycemia
- Hypoglycemia and pancreatitis
- Hypoglycemia and champix
- Hypoglycemia and pancreatic divisum
- Hypoglycemia bulimia
- Non islet cell tumor hypoglycemia
- Hypoglycemia vs reactive hypoglycemia
- Pancreatic divisum can cause hypoglycemia
- Hypoglycemia and chronic pancreatitis
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?