Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Is hymen present in a person with congenital adrenal hyperplasia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
I was born with an ambiguous genitalia due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia. I had an urogenital sinus. I have surgery to open the urogenital sinus. Do I have a hymen? Being that this is the case.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hymen is likely to be absent

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Majority of cases of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia with xx karyotype do not have hymen . As there is common vaginal and urethral channel there is underdevelopment of lower 1/3 of Vagina leading to absence of hymen in majority.
It would be helpful if you could send clinical photograph for further assessment.

Take care

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is hymen present in a person with congenital adrenal hyperplasia? 29 minutes later
Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take care

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Take care

Wishing you great health.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor