Is hymen present in a person with congenital adrenal hyperplasia?

General Surgeon
Question
I was born with an ambiguous genitalia due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia. I had an urogenital sinus. I have surgery to open the urogenital sinus. Do I have a hymen? Being that this is the case.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hymen is likely to be absent

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Majority of cases of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia with xx karyotype do not have hymen . As there is common vaginal and urethral channel there is underdevelopment of lower 1/3 of Vagina leading to absence of hymen in majority.
It would be helpful if you could send clinical photograph for further assessment.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh

Follow-up: Is hymen present in a person with congenital adrenal hyperplasia? 29 minutes later
Thanks for your help.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Wishing you great health.

Best regards
Dr Deepak