Is hospitalization necessary while suffering from pneumonia and UTI?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Spoke with urologist from this site before, his advice was as follows:
Me:

I was @ hospital last night... being treated for a urinary tract infection that is refusing to go away, plus was not told by hospital staff that I am developing bad pneumonia, this was told to caretaker of assisted living place I am in. Should I have been kept at hospital since I am disabled, paraplegic since 1992
Dr.P T Patil's answer:
Brief Answer:
Better to get hospitalized .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

In view of multiple health issue that you have and developed UTI and Pneumonia .I would suggest y to get admitted in Hospital for proper treatment with appropriate antibiotics and other support and nursing care that you may require .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
Me:
There is no one awake for me to turn to for help Dr. It is 2am here in AZ.. I looked into being hospitalized and talked to 2 different hospitals...
I wanted to try another hospital than the one last night, was told I had to talk to Banner Baywood medical center, which I spoke of earlier.... Charge nurse doesn't know what to do to help me....I do feel the heavyness in my chest ergo I can't sleep...on top of the stress of finding medical staff so incompetent. No one can validate my 911 call if I make one....I'm close to mental breakdown, tears falling from a soul taught not to shed tears when faced by the hardests challenges...
Asked by Me , 32 minutes ago
How can I follow your advice when ALL doors are closed to me, when I need help the most?
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

Just go in the emergency room and ask for help. If the hospital does not hospitalize you, they will prescribe antibiotics at least.
If not, get them prescribed by your family doctor.
All you need is to take some antibiotics (such as Azytromycine) some antiinflammatory (Tylolhot), multivitamine Complex and eat healthy fresh juices, teas, and good food. Few deep breathe every half hour will help keep the lungs functioning. Take adequate rest.

At the most important is you try to keep your inner peace. Sometimes all you need to get better is the inner peace.
Remember that you are loved and that the urinary or the pulmonary infection will go away soon.
Do not worry, cause there is nothing to worry.

I wish you a fast relief and I know that you will have it soon.

Best Regards,
Dr. Eni

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj