question-icon

Is honey with ginger safe to take during pregnancy?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: is it safe to take honey with ginger to as remedy to reduse caught in 5 week pregnany, i have caught with flum from the last week. any sugges
tions?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes it's safe.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
I am glad that you are trying to treat this cough and cold in a natural way as any medicine should be avoided in pregnancy.
Honey and ginger are absolutely safe in pregnancy and you should also do steam inhalation along with it.
In case you have running nose or cough is severe, Tablet Avil can be taken in night time and is considered safe in pregnancy.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Dr. Anshul Varshney