question-icon

Is hitting the head after a fell during snowboarding with no sign of concussion worrisome?

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018
Question: Hi there
Im in canada snow boarding and fell on my back and banged my head without a helmet( i fell lightly not hard). I have no signs of concussion but just wondering if im ok ?
I have a very mild head ache like very slight. Other then that feel normal. Didnt go blurry or black out just double checking for precaution. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possible insignificant head injury

Detailed Answer:

I can certainly understand your concern

As per your symptoms, the possibility of a significant head injury is unlikely.

But nevertheless, report to ER in case of you develop any of the following symptoms in the next 72 hours with an MRI scan of brain.

Altered levels of consciousness

Sudden onset or worsening of headache

Vision disturbances

Effortless vomiting

Take care,
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Suresh Heijebu