Is high free T3 level a cause for concern?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 12 Oct 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I had one test that my Free T3 was high (4.7) everything else was in normal range. My doctor did other blood test and my T3,T4 and TSH were all in normal range but she didn't test Free T3. Does that matter? Should i be concerned with the high Free T3?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About high T3;

Detailed Answer:

The high free T3 level you reported is slightly elevated but not to be concerned for the moment.I would suggest an ultrasound of the thyroid gland to see if there is any structural abnormality.

If there is any nodule or other characteristics in ultrasound suggesting for thyroid pathologies,than you should keep monitoring the thyroid hormones(after 1 month).

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Mirjeta Guni,
Endocrinologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T