Is high ceratine levels in blood test a cause of concern?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: My mum had blood tests and the creatine came back as high, i think greater than 90 and pallett count as 436. Is this of worry ?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload full reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX thakrar
Thanks for writing to HCM

Please upload full reports so that i can interpret the findings in a better way.
There is some doubt about the level of creatinine,so please upload all relevant reports.
Please do write clinical details also.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 3 minutes later
What about the white pallett count of 430? We dont have report
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Platelet count is within normal limit.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back

Unit of creatinine is not mentioned.If it is in micromol/L then also it is raised,as you mentioned it is greater than 90.Its upper limit is 90 micromol/L.It is important to specify unit.
Platelet count is within normal limit.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 11 minutes later
Its greater than 90 micromol. What could be cause of this? Kidneys nt working?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find detail answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back

Patient may have renal failure if kidneys are not working.
It may be due to many factors like chronic hypertension,diabetes mellitus,glomerulonephritis etc.
You should consult nephrologist.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX