Is high ESR level in a blood test normal?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hello.
I had a blood test and the rsult shows low monocytes (1) and high esr 41 after pne hour and 78 after 2 hours.
I need an advise please
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should search the cause of high ESR.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

Low monocyte count is not significant clinically.
There are many causes of high ESR.

Tuberculosis, anemia, infection, connective tissue disease, malignancy, paraproteinemia all can leads to high ESR.

So please tell me about your symptoms and other reports so that I can help you further. You need to search the cause of high ESR according to symptoms.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 45 minutes later
I yearly do a blood test for check up only. And the above results was found and all other results was good.
Normally I have joint pain and stiffness especially at morning and a doctor in my area advised to take Airtal 100mg 2 pills for 5 days .

Awaiting your reply
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your high ESR is due to arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear

If you have done as annual routine checkup then its ok. Nothing to worry much about that.

You have history of arthritis so it can leads to high ESR. Airtal contain aceclofenac. It is non steroidal anti inflammatory medicine. It reduce that pain and inflammation. You cab take it for your joint pain.