Is heart rate of 49 a cause for concern?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My heart XXXXXXX is around 85 to 90 on a beta blocker to day I felt like it was skipping in checked and my heart rate was 49. Then it stay there for about 30 sec the back up to ref. Speed this has happen to many times count. Do I have some I need to worry about should I go to the ER
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be bradyarrhythmia

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query,
Most likely you are having bradyarrhythmia.I would suggest you to visit the nearest Emergency room,And get a Holter attached.
24 hour holter is a device which will record the rate and rhythm of your heart for 24 hours,Any episodes of bradycardia or any abnormal heart beat will be recorded in it.As you are having a feeling of skipped beat,It can be PVC's Also.
Doses of beta blockers will also be adjusted according to the results of Holter.
As of now i would suggest you to go to the nearest Emergency room.
Test advice
24 hour holter
serum electrolyte
Follow up with reports.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana