Is healthy pregnancy possible while suffering from rubella?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Dear doctor, i m 35 year old .I got icsi treatment 4 times. I got pregnant two times.but miss carried. My doctor took a blood test for rubella. Its positive. So he said that rubella Is one of the reason for miscarriage. But I was consulting with another gynecologist about rubella .he said that its not proven .so nothing to worried. So My question is can I possible to get pregnent again with healthy baby without any miss carriage.?if rubella is harm please tell me how to treat to get pregnant. Please give ur ans .thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PGS is better option

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about repeated miscarriages.

Following is my reply:

1) If Rubella IgM is positive, it is possibly the reason for abortion.

2) But majority of times IgG is positive which is not the cause for abortion and shows old infection.

3) In your case I dont think rubella is the reason for miscarriage or ICSI failure.

4) I think there could be some chromosomal defects in the embryo / fetus which are causing this problem.This is more possible in women above 30 years of age like you.

5) The best possible alternative is to go ahead with another ICSI cycle and get PGS ( Preimplantation genetic Screening) of embryos done to analyse the possible chromosomal defects in the embryos. You can get healthy disease free embryos only transferred.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 54 minutes later
Thanks for your answer sir.and one more question. once embryo are transferred i had anxiety and panic attacks. For example if I heard any unwanted sounds I had panic attack continuously. Is this affect the baby?.if it s true how to control my anxiety and panic attacks. Last ivf even my blood test was positive result one week after I have sever anxiety and panic attack for two days.after that hardly control.this anxiety had come only after embryos were transferred.is this one of the reason for miscarriage?.this anxiety had come because of continuous ivf failure.moreover what is rubella igM and rubella IgG ..in my case IgG only positive.

Can u tell me what is the cost for PGS?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Panic attack is not reason for miscarriage

Detailed Answer:

Panic is unlikely to affect baby.

Miscarriage is not due to panic attack or anxiety.

IgM is present infection. IgG is old infection. IgG positive is not to be worried.

Pgs costs about one lakh
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 hours later
Very useful answer sir .Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wish you good health

Detailed Answer:

I do ICSI on regular basis. I understand your problems very well.

If you wish to ask me any questions in future, feel free to ask me questions directly anytime in future by pasting following link in your browser:

http://bit.ly/askdrmaheshkoregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Thank you for your kind words sir.can you please tell me your hospital name and address.Do you do donar egg program?.how much its cost?.is it easy to get donar egg.please give me your answer sir.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

I am in XXXXXXX IVI Fertility at Koramangala in XXXXXXX We have donor egg programmes and is not a problem to undergo the process.

Let me know if you need anymore help.