Is headache a Klonopin withdrawal symptom?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi Dr. Ive been off klonopin for 7 days after taking about .5 mgs for 90 days. Im also off viibyrd now for 20 days after taking 40 mgs for 4 weeks. I have off and on chils throat neck and jaw tightness and a headache. Also off and on gastro and stomach ache along with testical irritation. No fever or vomiting. Is this withdrawl? Thanks for asking about me Doctor.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Withdrawal vs anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns.

Basically, the symptoms of withdrawal and anxiety per se, are overlapping.
And secondly, the withdrawal symptoms of klonopin and antidepressants (viibryd in your case) may persist for hoti 4 weeks.

Your symptoms of chills, jaw tightness, headache and gastric irritation could all be due to either anxiety or drug withdrawal, as I mentioned earlier.

In my opinion, you should wait for another week or so and observe your symptoms. The severity of symptoms should decrease further, if these are due to withdrawal of drugs.

Testicular irritation is not a common withdrawal symptom. If persistent, then I would advice a scrotal ultrasound.

Keep monitoring your blood pressure. Drink adequate amount of fluids. Avoid tea, coffee and spicy foods. Take ibuprofen sos for headache.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Wish you good health.
Thanks