Is head circumference of 47 cms normal in a 9 month old child?
This is normal please don't worry
Hi... thank you for the trust in me and thank you for asking for my consultation specifically on healthcaremagic.
The head circumference of your kid is falling between 75th to 90th percentile, which is completely normal. Moreover you have given me even more valuable information that he is developmentally normal. That is so nice of you and excellent.
Your kid is completely normal, even head circumference wise and developmentally also. Please do not worry.
Please get back to me if you have any other health concern.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Suggestions on large head
Hi... I understand your concern, but you need not be worried at all.
You need not go ahead with any neuroimaging like CT Scan which involves a great deal of radiation. As such there is no need to do any imaging of the brain. But if you are tensed and prefer to go ahead, I suggest you to go with ultrasound of the head which is otherwise called neurosonogram, which does not involve any radiation at all.
The anterior fontanelle will close by 18 months only.
You need not worry about the head circumference of your child as this does not categoris into macrocephaly or large head, which requires evaluation. Moreover he is developmentally normal. So you need not worry at all.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Thank you for the trust reposed in me
Hi.... happy to help you anytime.
Please get back if you have any further queries.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal testosterone levels in 47 year olds
- Ideal head circumference for 8 months
- Normal head circumference unborn
- Small bpd normal head circumference ultrasound
- Normal heart rate for a 47 year old male
- Normal head circumference at birth
- Is 47normal height for an eleven year old
- Normal head circumference
- Normal pulse for a 47 year old
- Normal head circumference in11months baby
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?