Is having severe spam a day after the umbilical mesh repair normal?
Severe spasms are not normal, immediately consult your surgeon.
I have evaluated your query thoroughly.
* Severe spasms are not normal after umbilical mesh repair, though minor pain may be acceptable.
* As the pain medicines are not helping, I strongly recommend to call your doctor and discuss regarding emergency pain control.
* Primary relief will be with analgesic injection and secondary management would be ultrasound evaluation of the operated part to locate the cause in terms of possible fluid collection or else.
* Still better evaluation can be possible with details of associated vomiting, fever, bloating or other features if possible looking upon the intensity of pain from your side .
Wishing you fine recovery.
Hope I have answered your question
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mild muscle spasm after umbilical hernia repair
- Fluid build up after umbilical hernia repair
- Headaches after umbilical hernia repair
- Stretching after umbilical hernia repair
- Hiccups after umbilical hernia repair
- Precautions after para umbilical hernia repair
- Muscle spasms through bellybutton after mesh surgery umbilical hernia
- Umbilical hernia repair severe muscle spasm
- Itchy abdomen after hernia repair with mesh
- Heartburn after umbilical hernia repair