• question-icon

Is hair transplantation the right treatment for hair loss at the centre of scalp?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Hair Loss
Question: I have been having hair loss at the top of my head. I tried PRP a month ago but I do not think it is working, I am 30 year old male. I am now thinking to have hair transplant, but wanted to have an opinion before I go for it and also how many hair would I likely need on the bald spot on top of my head. Please find the picture attached of top of my head. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can go for hair transplant

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
Hair density has decreased a bit in central scalp.
Hair transplant is definitely an option for you.
Hair transplant can be done only in the area where you don't have hair but it cannot stop fall of other hairs.
I suggest you to go for hair transplant and along with that also use hair restoring agents like minoxidil and multivitamin supplement.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist