Is hair loss normal for a patient suffering from vasovagal syncope?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Dr. Noble XXXXXXX

Is it common for patients with Vasovagal syncope suffer hair loss?

Is so, how can this be minimized?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
They co exist in some.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back. Sorry for the delay in replying as I was away.
Hair loss can be due to a number of causes and some of them can be a factor in producing vasovagal syncope. So even though there may not be direct cause and effect relationship, both do exist together in some people.
So first we have to search for correctable causes like vitamin and mineral deficiencies, hormonal conditions like thyroid disorders or sex hormonal abnormalities and correct them. Scalp infections like fungal infections are also easily treatable.
Stress pays an important role in both and that should be managed through eating healthy wholesome food , exercising at least 30 minutes a day, relaxation exercises, meditation etc.
If no correctable cause is found, minoxidil scalp lotions would help reduce the hair loss.
I shall also appreciate a feed back on the neurologist's opinion regarding the syncope.
Best wishes,