Is hair coloring advisable while recovering from head injury?

Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Almost 3 months ago (?December 13th, I suffered a concussion, a hairline fracture to the back of my head and bleeding on the brain. I am starting to feel much better, less headaches and am seeing an occupational therapist for recovery. I have an appt to have my hair colored mid march (so it will be over 3 months since the accident) Is it ok to do so at this time?
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is ok.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

I do not think you have anything to worry about though, that time is enough for the superficial wound to heal and the brain will not be affected in any way by you dyeing your hair.

Wishing you all the best with your recovery.