Is haemoglobin level of 9.7 a cause for concern?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: my haemoglobin is low 9.7 can I take feris 50 mg tablet, I m 5 week pregnant
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Yes, you can take feris tablet for low hemoglobin.
However, folic acid tablet and high protein diet should be taken to increase the hemoglobin levels.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 19 minutes later
I m taking obimet sr 500mg twice, dhuphaston twice, sysfoil active, vitamin b and now I will take feris, my only concern is earlier I tried to take Richar & even dexaorange but I found my stomach upset plus black stool will this tablet also have the same side effect
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Less side effects

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Feris is known to cause lesser side effects.
The gastrointestinal effects are less and the tablet is well tolerated.
I will suggest you to take this tablet with meals.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D