Is h pylori a contagious disease?
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and i am pleased to answer your question.
It is not confirmed whether you have H.pylori infection.
Even if you have H.pylori infection it can be treated with a course of triple or quadruple antibiotics.
I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion regarding what to do next.
1. What symptoms does your father have?
2. How was his H.pylori infection diagnosed?
3. Was he treated for that?
4. If treated, was eradication of H.pylori confirmed?
Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Thanks for providing the information I wanted.
The risk of transmission of H.pylori from your father through your mother to you is very unlikely. Moreover since your father got treated for it, it is less likely that he is still having that infection.
Since you are unlikely to have H.pylori infection, you are not at high risk of transmitting it to anyone including your romantic partners. :-)
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- H. pylori virus contagious
- Is h. pylori contagious
- Stomach bacteria h. pylori contagious
- Symptoms of h pylori disease
- Is h pylori a contagious disease
- H pylori disease causes
- Is helicobacter pylori contagious
- Diagnosis of h pylori disease
- Treatment and cure for h pylori disease
- Helicobacter pylori causes what disease
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?