Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Is gynacomastia genetics and what treatment to take for healthy and normal penis in child?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1792 Questions
sir , im 35 years old father of two kids, first baby girl and second baby boy, my penis is small and suffering from gynacomastia and my hands, thighs, buttocks all are female sizes, and now my question is my baby boy is two months old and im afraid that the same should not repeat with my child, i think he too have small penis when compared to same age boys, please suggest the treatment to my boy for healthy and normal male body in future thanking you sir .
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Too early to predict Detailed Answer: Hi It's too early to predict from current penis size in your boy. I suggest you not to worry and ensure proper breastfeeding for your baby. If it's really small which needs to be confirmed by a physical examination , then blood tests to rule out hypogonadism may be needed. Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is gynacomastia genetics and what treatment to take for healthy and normal penis in child? 11 minutes later
what blood test should i have to do to my boy? and what precaution should i take, shall i ask his mother to take testosterone pills in homoeopathy so that it will reach the baby through his mothers milk.
Answered by Dr. Arun 4 hours later
Brief Answer: growth hormone and testosterone levels Detailed Answer: You can get growth hormone and testosterone levels tested. Giving pills to mother is harmful. Do not try anything like that. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor