Is grape fruit juice recommended while using Atorvastatin?
Don't worry too much about that but you should refrain from using both
grapefruit juice interferes with atorvastatin metabolism and may increase its concentration and lead to increased rate of side effects. Using grape fruit juice is not recommended when you're using atorvastatin.
Despite that, 20mg of atorvastatin is not the highest dose (up to 80mg can be given per day) and the effect of the grapefruit juice is not that important to become dangerous at such low doses of atorvastatin.
Contact me again, if you'd like more information about this subject.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Atorvastatin and grapefruit
- Pravastatin to atorvastatin
- Clarithromycin and atorvastatin
- Lipanthyl with atorvastatin
- What is atorvastatin 20 mg used for
- Atorvastatin and antibiotics
- Problems with atorvastatin
- Is vitamin d3 b12 and atorvastatin recommended for sore muscles
- Simvastatin or atorvastatin
- Is atorvastatin safe
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?