• question-icon

Is glycerin safe to use for sores?

Posted on Thu, 5 Oct 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Male 49yrs old, difficulty w/ maintaining weight. Currently at 145lbs. Lack of apatite and loss of sex drive. Sitting for long periods of time. Last physical over 5yrs.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No harms from glycerine

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns .. glycerine is safe to use and beneficial to use over your sores as it acts as an insulator that allows a better healing.. I would recommend that you also apply an antibiotic ointement three times daily to avoid infection of the sores ..
on the other hand , I would like too to give a better explanation of your symptoms, wether you are unable to stand or lack the desire to do so .. whether you have stomach pain when you eat , if you experience any vomiting or diarrhea or you just don't want to eat.. kind regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman