Is gingko biloba safe to take for ADHD?
my son aged 10 with mild hyperactive and mild attention deficit with hbg levels 11.20 , not concentrating in studies , diagnosed with mild factor seven deficient, and prolong pt time ,no history of bleeding or brisuing.
i came to know the drug bilovas 40mg ( ginko biloba) is used to treat the above symptoms.,
so please advice for further
Gingko biloba can be used
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXX,
Ginko biloba is a dried extract of chinese plant. It has been proved to be effective in management of behavioral and hyperactive behavior of ADHD.
The efficacy of Ginko biloba is comparatively less than Methylphenidate in management of ADHD.
For mild ADHD following recommendation are more useful
1. Positive reinforcement of desirable behaviour by praising or small tangible rewards
2. Punishment strategies like verbal reprimand, non verbal gestures or time out for undesirable behavior.
3. Well structured routine and organized routine routine for child at school and home will be very helpful.
If the symptoms are not controlled or not responding to Methylphenidate, then trial of Gingko biloba can be used.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kishore
KINDLY INFORM ME THE DOSAGE OF METHYLPHENDITE FOR MY SON AGED 10
WEIGHT 29 KGS AND ALSO FOR THE GINKO BILOBA
WHETHER GINKO BILOBA WITH INCREASE HIS BLEEDING TIME AS HE IS FACTOR SEVEN DEFICIENT AND PROLONGED PROTHROMBIME TIME
AND SIDE EFFECTS IF ANY
Both the drugs don't affect the coagulation factors.
The dosage of drugs needs to be individualised.
Usually Methylphenidate is started at dosage of 0.25 mg / kg / day in two divided doses. It can be increased upto 1 mg /kg / day under medical supervision.
The dosage of gingko biloba is 1 mg /kg / dose three times a day for minimum of 4 weeks for the benefits to be seen.
One should not start both simultaneously. Initially Methylphenidate can be started.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gingko biloba and bad breath
- Gingko biloba wide awake
- Gingko biloba droopy eyelid
- Gingko biloba epilin
- Gingko biloba and thyroid
- Gingko biloba for stuttering treatment
- Gingko biloba cure for spinocerrabella
- Can you take gingko biloba and amlodipine besylate
- Gingko biloba and contraceptive pills
- Is surgery safe if taking adhd medication
- CT scan showed wide spread cancer. Having mass in esophagus. Should...
- Had salmonella and having symptoms of nausea and light headedness. Have...
- Red crystallized object in stool. Pain in left rib cage and blood in...
- Bruise on left buttock, soreness in left elbow and shortness of breath...
- On thyroid medication. Should I take the medicines life long?
- How long does it take to show symptoms of HVP?
- Having red lines on hand. What do you suggest?
- Have dark spots on the head of penis. Was treated with cortisone cream....
- White spots on legs. What could be this?
- Have swollen hives on hip. Took clartin. have done allergy blood work