Owl Image

Is getting dentures at age of 29 advisable?

Owl Image
Dr. Shesh Jaiswal

Dentist, Endodontics

Question
Hi Doctor,

I wanted to know whether it is right to get a denture at an age of 29.
1. My doctor has suggested me to get a denture. My front upper four teeth will be removed and given a denture. Previously I had a crown in my front four teeth. Is this a right thing to do at my age?

2. Will there be any uncomfortable feeling with the denture? Can I eat normally?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Shesh Jaiswal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fixed partial dentures, Dental implants

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
this is dr. XXXXXXX jaiswal answering your query.
if you go for a Fixed teeth i.e. FPD (fixed partial denture) then you ll not have any uncomfortable feeling. it ll be like your natural teeth.denture teeth ll be fixed using the help of adjacent teeth.
if you go for a RPD (removable partial denture) then there ll be a plate attached with the tooth which ll be resting on your palate. RPD is cheaper than FPD but disadvantages are you have to remove it for cleaning. plate attached to palate can causes discomfort. another option is to go for a dental implant. it is a bit costly compared to FPD but teeth ll be fixed without using the help of any adjacent tooth.
but before you go for any of these options.i wud like to ask you some questions
1. why your doctor said that the teeth should be removed
2. what problem you are having in these teeth
3. why you have caps on these teeth, did you have any accident

i m asking you these questions because instead of removing the teeh and going for a denture it wud be better if teeth can be saved either by RCT (root canal treatment) or so.
if you can provide me the informations i asked and upload the x ray of all four front teeth i can tell you whether the teeth can be saved or should be removed.
Hope this answer helps.

Dr. XXXXXXX