Is gastric sleeve surgery advisable to maintain one's weight when diagnosed with fatty liver?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have fatty liver disease coursed by high cholesterol. I struggle with keeping my weight stable I take the weight off get to about 148lbs. Then my weight pops back up to around 178lbs. I have my cholesterol under control my fatty liver shows up as normal liver function but the weight keep me from total health. Would I be a good candidate for a gastric sleeve to help maintain my weight?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please go through detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have gone through your details and i apppreciate your concerns,
See as per your query gastric sleeve or any other surgery aimed at reducing morbidity is not for every obese patient.
There are some criteria only if you fall in that group its indicated for you,
1) You have to be morbidly obese adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher.
You have not mentioned your height.
Calculate your BMI using this formula-Your weight in kg(80.7kg) divided by your height in metere square.

For eg if MR x weights 100kg and his height in 2metre then BMI=100/2*2=25kg/m2

2)Atleast one other comorbidity should be there likediabetes, sleep apnea, hypertension, uncontrolled dyslipidemia asthma and joint pain.

If you don't fall in this category then follow this for a 4 weeks and you would see the change but firm determination and adherence to diet and proper exercise with supplementation is required.

Do tread mill 20 minutes a day for 5 days minimum.
Keep speed at 6.1 and start at inclination of 10 increase inclination by 1 every 2 minutes.So 10 minutes in a stretch(for you the greater the incline angle best is 15 the better would be result).Take 5 minutes rest and again repeat same thing for 10 minutes.
Take a preworkout supplement(containing 400mg caffeine) 20 minutes before tread mill.

Try lifting weights(as per your body convinience) three times a week minimum and 5 times a week maximum.
Low weight 2.5 kg with hight repititions(12-15) and 4 sets would be good to burn fat.Need not to go heavy.Just lift till failure(more the repetition better would be fat burning).

Supplements-
One capsule of conjugated linolenic acid thrice daily.
Onecapsule of L carnitine twice daily
400mg caffeine blend(preworkout).

Diet-
Not more then 10 ml of olive oil a day.
Increase lean protein intake chcicken breast egg white and beef streaks.
Can take hydrolysed whey protein.
No refined sugars
Take oat,brown rice and green leafy vegetables.
Last meal should benot after 8 p.m

See the magic in 4 weeks.