Is garlic and fish oil safe to take daily?
I currently take garlic (1100mg), fish oil (2g), and some other supplements in smaller quantities including CoQ10, quercetin, resveratrol, green tea, fruit/veggies (supplements + foods), etc. (plus a multivitamin). These are all approved by my primary care physician and have actually assisted me in getting my blood pressure to healthier levels. They're also a more natural alternative (at 34) to aspirin therapy. I try to get a wide variety of everything, but in low-moderate quantities.
- I note that a lot of these are anti-angiogenesis. From my understanding, where cancer prevention is concerned, that's a great thing in regards to cancer risk, as it can help prevent cancer growth. But since that means new blood vessels are less likely to form or grow, can this be a bad thing too?
- I know antioxidants/anti-inflammatories are helpful, but I've read too many can have pro-oxidant effects. As far as I know, I'm not taking an excess of anything, and most of what I'm taking are whole-food based, with a few exceptions (and nothing without doctor approval). Is this something I need to worry about?
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem when they say anti-angiogenesis they are mainly concerned about the abnormal vessel growth . All these supplements are targeted against abnormal vasculature growth so you need not worry about harming the bodys natural processes till they are taken at recommended amounts .
I think you should not worry about the pro oxidant effects till you are taking in the recommended dose . But keep a check as to not take them in excess .
All the supplements are just additional to our daily diet so one advise would be to keep your diet healthy and balanced. Just keep on the recommended dose as prescribed by your doctor and stay in touch with him. Well thats why dose is created for every medicines that you dont take too much.
Wish you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can i take coconut oil and fish oil
- Why take fish oil supplements
- How much fish oil should i take daily
- Can i take fish oil
- Is it okay to take a fish oil and lipitor
- Safe to take fish oil withsvt
- Why not take fish oil
- Is it safe to take fish oil supplements with clomid
- Is it good to take fish oils before cholesterol test
- Is rubbing fish oil on your butt safe