Is frozen Cephalexin safe to use?

Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I placed my Cephalexin in the freezer, it is safe to take them?
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
safe but won't be effective

Detailed Answer:
Hello there

Get a new pack and continue the course as advised.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina

Recent questions on  Cephalexin

I had a yeast Infection caused by antibiotics (Cephalexin 500 MG Capsule), because of this I was prescribed Fluconazole oral 200 MG Tablet. I took the tablet yesterday and now it seems I m spotting? I had my period at the beginning of this month. Is this a side effect I should be worried about?

I had a kidney infection and went to the hospital on Dec. 12. I thought it was kidney stones because I had pain in my left kidney where I have had a stone before and blood in my urine. Found out it was an infection. I was given cephalexin Monohydrate. 10 days, four days pills a day. Sympton cleared up in a few days. I took all the meds and now a week later when I use the bathroom there is a gooey discharge with blood in it. Not a lot of blood but there is some. Could it be a reaction to the meds or do I have a UTI infection again?

Had hernia surgery on monday, put in mesh, right side only. Today feeling very good, very little pain, mostly from sitting to standing or vice-versa. The question is about the swelling around the scrotum. the right scrotum is swollen, 3 times bigger than left, a little bruising, but no pain. A little swelling on penis also. My surgeon says its normal, but put me on a antibiotic, cephalexin. I'm 51 yrs. old, 180lbs.

Take prevacid, toprol, flomax, daily vitamin. Taking x-strength tylenol for soreness. thank you

Infection in postage stamp sized area where a melanoma biopsy was taken. Initially treated with bacitracin but infection set in and after 7 days wound was oozing and painful. Treatment was then started with 500mg Cephalexin twice daily. Now after 3 days there is no reduction in swelling or pain. How long should I wait to see if this medication approach is working. Ray Haney

For the past week I had lot of itching near my butt, after few days the skin became very thick. Currently itching has reduced, but I can feel the lumps and its painful when I sit Have attached pic.

Hello I'm trying to figure out what is on my inner thigh it is sore and the skin is very soft and the red is a little swollen, I just noticed this today.

Hi Doctor, Is it safe to take sporidex during breastfeeding my 5.5 months baby? What is the dosage that I can take? I'm suffering with severe throat pain.