Is folic acid supplement advisable during 21st week of pregnancy?
upto 12 weeks of pregnancy
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Folic acid is advised to be taken upto 12 weeks of pregnancy.
This is so because folic acid helps in preventing the neural tube defects in the fetus, the risk of which is in the first trimester.
Later, it can be taken in case the diet do not fulfils the demand of folic acid.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Types of folic acid supplements
- Folic acid supplementation for hairfall
- Folic acid supplement penis
- Methotrexate and folic acid supplementation
- Benefits of folic acid supplements
- Folic acid supplement bladder irritation
- B12 with folic acid supplement
- Amway iron and folic acid supplement
- Usage of folic acid supplement
- Side effect of folic acid supplement