Is fluctuating blood pressure a cause for concern?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome back again on HCM!
As, I already explained before, the changes made to your blood pressure therapy may need a period up to a week to achieve a new equilibrium in blood pressure values.
This means that during this period of time, blood pressure values may be fluctuating .
If your blood pressure values will not be as desired (too high or too low) after a week, further changes to your therapy may be needed (increase or lower doses).
From the other hand, I would also like to explain that even on anti-hypertensive therapy, some spikes in blood pressure values may also occur because of physical or emotional stress (anxiety, panic attacks, straining physical exertion), because during such activity our body activates the sympathetic nervous system, causing an increase of circulating chatecholamines (adrenaline and noradrenaline) in circulating blood, leading to tachycardia and high blood pressure values.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Wishing all the best,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why having fluctuating blood pressure and should i be concerned
- Fluctuating blood pressure halter
- High pulse rate fluctuating blood pressure
- Treatment and cure for Fluctuating blood pressure
- What could be the cause of fluctuating blood pressure
- Symptoms of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Diagnosis of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Fibromyalgia and fluctuating blood pressure
- What is the reason for fluctuating blood pressure
- Microgynon 30 fluctuating blood pressure