Is fluctuating blood pressure a cause for concern?
Tonight it dripped to 114/54.... There hasxbeen no changes in my life. XXXX
Welcome to HCM.
Blood pressure reading 125/80 and 114/54 would be considered as normal clinically.
The normal of systolic pressure ranges between 90 to 140 mm hg and diastolic pressure 60 to 90 mm hg.
However,our systolic blood pressure fluctuates more than the diastolic one. Means systolic pressure may get easily elevated even if there is mild exertion or anxiety and get down to normal by itself or after taking rest.
In your case,systolic blood pressure has gone up to 170 mmhg which is too high but not the diastolic one (from 80 to 91 mm hg which I would not consider as high clinically).
Also it came down to normal within few hours.
So,considering your diastolic blood pressure,it is very unlikely that you are having high blood pressure issue.
Further,I would suggest you to check blood pressure once in a day, initially for couple of days.
And preferably check pressure in sitting position and after taking rest for 15 to 30 minutes which will mostly rule out rise due to systolic fluctuation.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why having fluctuating blood pressure and should i be concerned
- Fluctuating blood pressure halter
- High pulse rate fluctuating blood pressure
- Treatment and cure for Fluctuating blood pressure
- What could be the cause of fluctuating blood pressure
- Symptoms of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Diagnosis of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Fibromyalgia and fluctuating blood pressure
- What is the reason for fluctuating blood pressure
- Microgynon 30 fluctuating blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?