Is fluctuating BP levels a cause for concern?
There is nothing to worry about!
Thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that these blood pressure changes are quite normal and are related to the activation of sympathetic nervous system during standing up position.
Nevertheless, I recommend measuring your blood pressure regularly for a week (sitting position after 10 minutes of total relax). If your blood pressure values are below 135/85 mm Hg, in this position for most of the times measured during a week, you have nothing to worry about.
If blood pressure values in this position, are above this level, it may indicate the beginning of high blood pressure. In such case, some lifestyle modifications would be necessary:
- diet modifications (reduce salt and caffeine intake)
- perform a lot of physical activity
- reduce weight if you are overweight.
For the moment there is no need to go to the hospital. This is not an emergency.
You have nothing to worry about.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
You are welcome!
I am glad to have been helpful!
If you have any other uncertainties in the future, you can ask me directly on the link below:
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fluctuate bp
- High bp causes
- What causes increase in bp despite on bp medication
- What causes low bp
- What causes high bp
- Bp medication that causes fatigue
- Uncontrolled bp causes
- Taking metroprolol for hypertension fluctuating bp levels possible causes
- Low bp causes
- Chest pain fluctuating bp levels any suggestions