Is fever followed by strange rashes on the arm a sign of sepsis?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, I currently have Pleurisy and am waiting to be potentially diagnosed with Lupus. I have had Breast Cancer and do have Sarcoidosis in my lungs. My concern is I had a fever about a week ago that went away on its own after 2 days. Now a week later, I'm developing a rash on my left arm that is stragne. Could this be sepsis?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No!

Detailed Answer:

This is not sepsis. There is no way fever of sepsis would go away without antibiotics. I will recommend that you upload an image of this rash for review and more insights as well.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
hi there, I was able to email the photo. I should also mention my left arm lymphnodes have been removed due to my previous Breast Cancer. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably and allergy. Not suggestive of sepsis!

Detailed Answer:

I have received and reviewed this image. Thank you so much for this. Given the presentation, it is in no way suggestive of an infection, not to talk of sepsis. This is more suggestive of an allergy. Check to see if there have been any new medications or new beauty products. I will recommend you apply local steroids cream to this area.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.