Is extreme fatigue a sign of anemia?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 2 Feb 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: heart rate 112 at rest respiratory rate 28 short of breath BP- 94 - 104 over 60...history of gi bleed received iron infusion on 1//5/2017...extreme fatigue
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is your last Hemoglobin value?

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed these symptoms and information fully. This is suggestive of anemia. I will suggest that you report you last hemoglobin value or get it measured. Also, avoid doing any strenuous activities at this time. Bed rest would be very helpful. If the hemoglobin value is too low, you may benefit from blood transfusion.

I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.