Is excessive drooling a cause for concern?
Please provide details.
Thanks for the query..
-Can you please tell that the drooling occurs all day or is it only at night time while sleeping?
-Do you find swallowing difficult or is it fine?
-Any other medical problems or medication if you take?
Please revert back with answers..
Might be due to mouth breathing.
Saliva drooling at night commonly occurs if you have mouth breathing at night..
It is not an serious problem..
But in case if you are still conscious about it you can try a trick.
You can stick a vertical strip of micropore tape (doctor's tape) on your closed lips just before sleeping..
Do it for at least 21 days to enforce nasal breathing..
See if you still drool..
Also you should follow this only if you do not find any difficulty in breathing through nose..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Excessive drooling causes
- Excessive drooling 39 weeks of pregnancy
- Cause of excessive drooling in child
- What causes excessive drooling in infants
- Symptoms of Excessive drooling
- Adenoid glands cause excessive drooling
- Diagnosis of Excessive drooling
- Treatment and cure for Excessive drooling
- Drugs/medication for Excessive drooling
- Does excessive drooling mean a stroke
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess