Is epididymal cyst cancerous in nature?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I was recently told that I had Epididymitis and the doctor wrote me a prescription (something that starts with a D) and to take it two times a day for ten days. I was having a dull pain in my left testicle, left pelvic area and sometimes in my lower left back, that would come and go. I took the pills and it made me feel slightly better but the pain is back mainly in my left testicle. I had an ultrasound done and the results came back, they said (I can't remember the exact size or math format they said as far as size) I had a cryst on my left testicle the size of .40 or .90cm or something like that. I wanted to know is this cancerous or could be or is this non cancerous. Would an ultrasound tell if it was cancer related? Is this something is seriously worry about or not so much? I was told to schedule an appointment with a urologist which I am going to do shortly. Just wanted some input.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Epididymal Cyst are Benign cyst .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have done Ultrasound Scanning of scrotum and revealed that there is cyst of a size of 40 mm 90 mm.

The Epididymal Cyst are mostly Benign Cyst and does not require ant treatment .Treatment is offered in a special situation when it gets infected or increases in size giving rise to pain .

Do not worry it is non cancerous cyst.Cancerous cyst can be detected on Ultrasound Scanning .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T