Is endoscopy of the lungs effective at treating pneumonia?
Go ahead with endoscopy.
I can certainly understand your concerns.
In case if your father did not respond to standard antibiotic therapy, then a further work up is required in case of pneumonia.
Hence, in all such cases it is important to go for bronchoscopic examination for lavage .
Further management is largely based on test results.
To conclude, go ahead with endoscopy as suggested by yor doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower bowel endoscopy side effects
- Side effects after upper endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy side effects
- Bravo endoscopy side effects
- Endoscopy after effects
- Endoscopy smoking effect of smoking after endoscopy
- Endoscopy biopsy side effects
- Colonoscopy and endoscopy side effects
- Walking pneumonia and lung function
- Upper endoscopy side effects
- What causes severe and low vision in elderly?
- Is there any correlation between high chloride exposure and CIDP?
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea and stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory track infection
- What causes painful right hip in a person undergoing renal dialysis?
- Suggest treatment for swollen eyes along with pain
- What do heat sensation in abdomen along with weight loss and...
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss
- What are the side effects of Glutathione capsules?
- Is it safe to have Dothiepin for sleeplessness during pregnancy?