Is eating papaya safe during pregnancy?
Can cause intestinal cramps in excess.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
These fruits are avoided during early pregnancy as these can cause severe intestinal cramps if taken ion excess and can cause an abdominal pain. These can be taken in small amounts. Papaya contains papain enzyme that can cause uterine cramps also.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Again which food items we need to avoid if we are planning for baby
Is it OK to have Chapati, chicken, red meat, prawns or we need to avoid it
Take healthy foods.
Thanks for writing again.
Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for fertilty, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. You can have home made fresh food with green vegetables low in spices. Avoid Chinese foods.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is pistache safe to eat during pregnancy
- Is it safe to eat besan during pregnancy
- Is eating sugarcane safe during pregnancy
- Is eating maggi safe during pregnancy
- Is it safe to eat hing during pregnancy
- Clementines safe to eat during pregnancy
- Is it safe to eat kismiss during pregnancy
- Is it safe to eat chicken during pregnancy
- Is it safe to eat beerakaya during pregnancy
- Is it safe eating cloves during pregnancy
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...