Is eating papaya safe during pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: while trying for baby why we should avoid Eating Papaya, jackfruit and XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can cause intestinal cramps in excess.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
These fruits are avoided during early pregnancy as these can cause severe intestinal cramps if taken ion excess and can cause an abdominal pain. These can be taken in small amounts. Papaya contains papain enzyme that can cause uterine cramps also.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for reply
Again which food items we need to avoid if we are planning for baby
Is it OK to have Chapati, chicken, red meat, prawns or we need to avoid it
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take healthy foods.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for fertilty, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. You can have home made fresh food with green vegetables low in spices. Avoid Chinese foods.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj